Sunday, December 18, 2011

Starting the cut early

 Talking with some of the guys at the gym about the upcoming fight. I found out that the weigh-ins are are the same day as the fight, which completely changes my preparation. there will be no time for a water cut and re-hydration. I might be able to get away with 2-3 lbs but anymore could seriously affect my performance. So I have had to tighten up my diet significantly and start cutting.
 Saturday and Sunday looked like this:

SAT
weight 167
coffee and 6 prunes
Thermafuse C4, milk thistle, L Carnitine (I am out of DIM, Cordyceps, L Arginine & Omega3)
20min jacuzzi, foam roller and stretching

a.m. workout- 
4 mile run with vest, 
30 min on bike, 
leglift/jump squat/push up-8min amrap

tuna, pear
coffee, mixed unsalted nuts
more coffee

p.m workout
Anabolic Ignition & Thermafuse, L Carnitine
10k row
3-5min rounds on heavy bag
10- 100m sprints (running)

Tomato, Tuna, dried apricot
diluted cherry juice and almonds

late p.m. workout
3 min jumping rope, 1/2 mile run
4-500m sprints 1 min rest (rower)
easy 30 min on bike

more cherry juice and mixed nuts

SUN
*same supplements, and jacuzzi-stretch
Coffee!

a.m workout
3 min jump rope, 10 pull ups/25 squats x 3
5 mile run
3-5min rounds on heavy bag (lots of kicking)
2-5min rounds of Ground and Pound

turkey, tomato cucumber

water and mixed nuts

1hour nap

coffee, dried apricots

p.m workout

5miles on elliptical (26min)
2 miles on treadmill
push up/ squat/ neck harness- 4 rounds
40min on bike

tuna and (mostly) spinach salad, apple

Weight 165...

 The plan now is to get my weight as close to 155 as soon as possible so that I have time to acclimate. I want my metabolism to adjust, and be able to focus on training more then cutting. I walk the line between weight management and over-training but I have never in my life missed weight. I have it down pretty good at this point but it will be different without doing a water cut. I usually am good for 6-8lbs of water that I can replenish without consequence as long as I have a full day but that option is out. 
 Tomorrow I wont do a morning workout. After work I'll head in to the gym and depending on energy level I may get on the bike after training. I had hoped to be a huge 155lb-er but it looks like that is out the window. After X-mas when the funds are better I will replace my stocks of supplements. Including L-glutamine, DIM, Omega's, and Cordyceps.

155, here I come!
Sunday12-18, 8pm

No comments:

Post a Comment