Sunday, September 25, 2011

Stay Focused

  Life has been pretty eventful since my last post. I've been working on some things for the blog, I put on 20lbs in the week after the tournament, shot some videos, got a few requests for training (San Diego, maybe a trip out to Colorado to teach for a few days)... I had everything planned out, start lifting heavy again, maybe do a triathlon or crossfit competition with Moose. My next 6 weeks were set! Lots of plans quickly became lots of "change of plans". Just like in a match if you can adjust and not lose focus of the goal you will probably be alright.

Not so fast mister!!!
   First, I got offered a job as strength and conditioning coach for a local H.S. wrestling team (which of course I jumped at).  I also decided to take a shot at the Team Punishment fighter tryouts. Which means A LOT of that 20lbs has to come back off. I really like the gym and would love to be a part of the team at the same time really challenge myself and see what I'm made of. 
   Its been a while since I have done any stand up (boxing/ Muay Thai) so the focus for my training over the next few weeks is gonna be on my hands. (Thank you again Moose for letting me punch you). I'll always be a a Dirty Wrestler and unlike the grappling tournaments, Catch Wrestling moves aren't illegal in MMA so I will have that advantage. 
   This is gonna be fun and scary. I have no idea if I will make the fight team, but I'm training hard and ready to put my pretty nose on the line! Hold on, it's gonna be a wild month!
   Oh and a side note. I've been working with my brother Noah, putting together videos as well as shirts and shorts for Dirty Wrestler. The art and pics he is doing absolutely ROCK!!! Instructional videos will be on their way soon, but for now check out the pics he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment